[luau] video card woes... Or opportunity?

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Wed Jul 31 09:56:01 PDT 2002

Look at the bright side.  You now have the excuse to buy a new video card.
You can get an older Nvidia Geforce2 for less than $50 at a lot of places
(e.g., http://www.computergate.com/products/item.cfm?prodcd=AVGEMX4003 )
that will likely outperform your voodoo3.  Also, Nvidia has _excellent_
driver support for Linux, which is why it's easy for Linux to run a game
faster than WindozeXP on the same computer/hardware.

-Jeff