[luau] video card woes...

lucidity lucidity at lotek.no-ip.org
Wed Jul 31 08:03:01 PDT 2002

 Greetings,
 	I am having some problems with my video card.  It is, or more
 appropriately was a 3dfx voodoo3.  I guess due to the extreme heat
 yesterday, it had a melt-down. It only displays every other letter when I
 try and access it directly.  I recompiled my kernel to use the framebuffer
 device, and it was a temporary console fix.
 	Obviously, I need a new vid card, my question was, should I
 recompile the kernel to include support for the vid card I want to switch
 to, and then simply turn on kudzu, power down, and reboot, (using Rh 7.3)?
 My X interface is screwed period.  However, that is not really a big deal,
 as I am pretty cl savy, Any help would be much appreciated before I lose
 it entirely.  I am not really that surprised, the card is over two years
 old.

                 Procrastination is the root of ingenuity...

  -- "A furore Normanorum libera Nos 0 Domine!"

--
"A furore Normanorum libera Nos 0 Domine!"