[luau] apt-get

Vikram Khurana vkhurana at mail.nmfs.hawaii.edu
Tue Jul 30 16:21:00 PDT 2002

MonMotha wrote:
I believe Mandrake has urpmi and you can actually make
apt-get work with RPM on redhat systems.  This should eliminate the
"dependency hell" commonly complained about by RPM users.

Can you please explain how to get apt-get to work with RPM.(also where
do I get apt-get from?)  I searched google & found http://www.a-a-p.org,
but their stuff is in the pre-alpha phase

I'm a LINUX newbie pretending to be an intermediate user. I've been
trying to get unixODBC working on my RH 7.3 and am running into
dependency hell. Maybe apt-get is the solution....