[luau] kernel build question

Lou Rickard lou_rickard at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 10:17:01 PDT 2002

Sorry, this is probably a dumb question.

I've downloaded the kernel source for the 2.4.17
kernel.  I've built the kernel, installed it, and
successfully booted to it.  So, what I'm suddenly
wondering is, what to do with the /usr/include folder.
 Aren't those include files specific to the previous
kernel (I'm running RedHat 7.2)?  Do I need to replace
those header files?  On one hand, it makes sense to
replace them, they're for a previous kernel, maybe
there'd be conflicts with software built against them
running on my new kernel, on the other hand, that
doesn't make any sense, because the system seems
designed to allow you to run with multiple kernels.

Can anybody un-confuse me?

-Lou