[luau] MSWindows

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 17:56:01 PDT 2002

> echo > file.bin

do you mean cat > file.bin ?

> disconnect terminal (without closing pty),

How do you do that with ssh?

> and dd binary at the /dev/pts entry.

I'm confused.  the pseudo-terminal is allocated on the server, yes?

> If you can bring up uudecode, uudecode - > file.bin
> paste uuencoded binary
> ctl+c, run

Most people dont' keep statically linked copies of uudecode installed. :-)

> if you can bring up a new ssh session WITHOUT a controlling terminal or

> shell (probably possible as that doesn't require spawning anything
> special),

> just use scp

Do you know how to get scp to use an existing connection?

ssh -h shows some options for not allocating a tty and not spawning a shell,
maybe those options could be passed to scp using -o or something.

--Ray