[luau] MSWindows

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sat Jul 27 16:17:00 PDT 2002

Ray Strode wrote:
>> Sure he could have, you just need a few redirections to play shell
>> tricks to transfer
>

>> the files over the already existant SSH terminal (since you might not
>> be able to
>

>> establish a new SSH session without the controlling terminal).
>

> How would that work?  The only thing I could imagine is using echo and
> manually
> building the file by looking at it with a hex editor, but that would
> take hours.
>
> Can't copy and paste binary data i don't think.
>
> Do you have a better way?  Would definately be useful to know, if you do.
>
> --Ray

All sorts of ways to do this :)

echo > file.bin
disconnect terminal (without closing pty), and dd binary at the /dev/pts
entry.

If you can bring up uudecode, uudecode - > file.bin
paste uuencoded binary
ctl+c, run

if you can bring up a new ssh session WITHOUT a controlling terminal or
shell (probably possible as that doesn't require spawning anything
special), just use scp

--MonMotha