[luau] MSWindows

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sat Jul 27 12:39:00 PDT 2002

Dan George wrote:

> One thing is Windows is overpriced for what you get.
> Windows is not as configurable as Linux or opensource.
> Bill Gates is a Pirate.  First stealing from Steve Jobs then telling everyone
> else not to steal from him.
> When Paladium comes out, you wont be asking that question again.
> You will just wonder why it took you so long to convert.
> Why do I get over 80% of my calls from people complaining about windows.
> And why are 100% of those BTOs we sell with Linux arent complaining at
> all.  Try the fact that over 62% of those who converted to Linux are saving
> $$$ within the first couple months.  They want to kick themselves.
> I called one customer (followup call) to see how his Linux box was working.
> He told me he was configuring his kernel and call him back in about 6mths
> because he wanted to do so much now in customizing his system.  He said
> the changes are going to save him $$$ in fees and its fun!!
>
> On Saturday 26 January 2002 19:14, you wrote:
> > Sup guys,
> > I'm a heavy Windows user, and a Linux newbie.
> > Why are open-source gurus so adamant towards Microsoft? <my opinion
> > after surfing around numerous open-source communities.
> > Is it because they don't give their software away for free?
> > I know Linux dudes say it sucks but why? What makes it better?
> >
> > I'm not trying to cause a fight with you guys, I like my Red Hat, just
> > wanted to hear some opinions.
> > Thanks.
> > Randall Oshita

GO Dan!

This is an excellent customer feedback with facts not fud.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043