[luau] Home Networking questions...

al plant webmaster at hawaiidakine.com
Sun Jul 21 17:03:01 PDT 2002

Warren Togami wrote:

> I want to wire my house with cat5 cable going to RJ45 jacks in several rooms
> of my house.  Does anyone have any recommendations of where I should buy the
> following:
>
> Box of Cat5 cable
> Box of Cat5 cord
> high quality crimping tool
> high quality tester with remote
> RJ45 ends
> RJ45 jacks
>
> Thanks,
> Warren

Hi Warren,

Check IC Supply over by the airport. Test and crimping tools and other
stuff is reasonable and good quality there.

Sometimes Comp USA has cat5 at a good price.

Also check with Ron Willis he sometimes knows of deals.

Aloha! Al Plant - Webmaster http://hawaiidakine.com
Providing FAST DSL Service for $28.00 /mo. Member Small Business Hawaii.
Running FreeBSD 4.5 UNIX & Caldera Linux 2.4 & RedHat 7.2
Support OPEN SOURCE in Business Computing. Phone 808-622-0043