[luau] pcmcia network cards and apm

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jul 20 21:07:01 PDT 2002

>  Are there any scripts run in slackware when coming back from suspend
> mode?

I don't use slackware or acpi, but I just checked the man page
and it looks like acpid reads all files in /etc/acpi/events/,
when any acpi event happens (/proc/acpi/event changes).

Each file has a format something like this:

event=foo
action=bar

foo is a regular expression that can match any number of events ("button
power.*"
is used in the man page as an example).

bar is a script or program to execute when one of the events matched by
foo happen.

Since foo is a regular expression, it can match more than one event, so
you if
you put "%e" somewhere on the "action=" line, the "%e" will be expanded
to whatever
the event is.  I hope that makes sense.

Now, the question that may be in your mind is, what event is triggered
when the
machine comes out of suspend mode?  I'm not sure.  I would guess
"resume" or
"restore" or something along those lines.  One way to find out would be
to sniff
around the linux source. Another might be to put something like:

event=.*
action=echo "%e" >> /tmp/events.txt

inside a file with an arbitrary name inside /etc/acpi/events
 (showevents.tmp or
something) and then suspend/resume and check /tmp/events.txt

--Ray