[luau] Sony VAIO PCG-FX220 Laptop

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Sat Jul 20 13:32:00 PDT 2002

Have you tried running kudzu?  Alternatively, perhaps kudzu needs to
rediscover the device anew.  You could try backing up the kudzu file in
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf  and then editing it to remove the network card
entry.  Mine looks like:

class: NETWORK
bus: PCI
detached: 0
device: eth
driver: tulip
desc: "Bridgecom, Inc|LNE100TX"
vendorId: 1317
deviceId: 0985
subVendorId: 1317
subDeviceId: 0574
pciType: 1

Then kudzu will rediscover it when it is next run.

-Jeff