[luau] java - c question

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jul 19 20:31:00 PDT 2002

>I liked the way the rmi stuff worked out for the controller program,
>
>and was wondering if there is any sort of C interface to java rmi?
>
>Or something fairly similar?

Well, I don't know much about java rmi (anything really), but i
believe CORBA may be similar (in idea anyway).  A very fast C
implementation of CORBA is ORBit.  It's what the GNOME project uses.

Also, I think Ximian was working on something called libsoup a while
back, that worked with MS's SOAP .net thing. You can probably find it
in http://cvs.gnome.org (that's where I remember seeing it last).

There is also XML-RPC, i believe.

--Ray