[luau] java - c question

Charles Lockhart lockhart at jeans.ifa.hawaii.edu
Fri Jul 19 15:59:00 PDT 2002

I have a java gui for instrument control that I split up into 2 parts, an
rmi server to do all the work, and visual gui that just provides an
interface.  It seems to work pretty well.  My rmi-server communicates over
sockets to a couple of different servers running on different instruments
and written in C.  All of the communication between the the rmi-server and
the server code written on the instrument subsystems is primarily for
setting up and starting hardware/software processes.  I liked the way the
rmi stuff worked out for the controller program, and was wondering if
there is any sort of C interface to java rmi?  Or something fairly
similar?

Thanks in advance,

-Charles