[luau] Recording of Linux for Schools online meeting

Dan George linuxdan at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jul 19 19:21:01 PDT 2002

 Im able to get connections with major manufacturers and price any part
available on the market.  Usually cost is about 25-50% of retail. If I have
part numbers and manufacturer names to go on, I can research and get
the cheapest price available from multiple vendors.  Just give me a list
and I will check for you.  I just purchased 12 slot 1 P3 boards for $45 each
and yes they are brand new.  Also P3 500 chips for $28.  So you can see
that a P3-500 is sufficient to run Linux.  Monitors or Cases I cant get for
less than $65 each. NIC cards $18-$28 depending on manufacturer.
 I have plenty of 20 gig hdds that could be used in a Raid setup.  I may
be able to get 120g hdds (WD) 7200 IDE  for $88.  Still checking on that
and about my source.  Monitors are too hard to handle and I cant get less
than $89 so it wasnt worth it.   Cases are a pain too.  Some people get
really picky about cosmetics I gave up on the case which is $65.