[luau] Re: Checking E-mail in Linux

Eric Jeschke jeschke at portcullis.uhh.hawaii.edu
Fri Jul 19 10:46:01 PDT 2002

Re: Checking E-mail in Linux

This article contains many other inaccuracies.  Pine, for example,
displays attachments just fine using any external viewer you like: I
view image attachments all the time from within pine using ImageMagick's
"display".  He also says that Pine doesn't display HTML.  Bzzzt!  It
doesn't display images and such, but HTML text is rendered fine without
the tags showing.

Two good things he did point out are that it is extremely
virus-resistant and it has excellent search capabilities.  Two things I
think he should have added are that you can configure it to use any
editor that you like and that it has good filtering capabilities built
in.

ps. BTW hasn't everyone figured out that it's "email" and not "e-mail"?
Once the word becomes accepted into the lexicon...  I just wonder when
everyone will agree that "mail" is "email"; I suppose then we'll need
"pmail".

--Eric

--
Eric Jeschke