[luau] HELP please, need "undelete" / data recovery utility for FAT32 (Win 98)

Wayne Bow sysadmin at stfrancis-oahu.org
Thu Jul 18 14:09:00 PDT 2002

Aloha,

> >When you start the machine, it will come up to the C:\ prompt, and
> >the directory listing shows COMMAND.COM and a couple of other
> >hidden/archive/read-only files.
> >
> Sounds to me like "format C: /s" was typed.

If that is true then the data may be recoverable. "format c: /s"
formats and copies the system files to the hard drive. Adding the '/u'
switch makes the data unrecoverable. I do not know how to 'undo'
the format but M$ says it can be done.

Try look here:

http://www.computerhope.com/unformat.htm

Good Luck!