[luau] Linux POS

R. Scott Belford sctinc at flex.com
Thu Jul 18 12:05:00 PDT 2002

Funny you should ask and how bad of me to respond at the exact moment that I
need to be heading to the new store to install the key piece of this paused
project.  I have been waiting to have an extra POS terminal that I could test
on without disabling one of our registers.  This has now been installed at
our training/r&d facilities in a new store.  The new store has taken longer
than expected to inhabit, but it is today that Dean and I install all the
registers, etc.  I now have a dual boot test register to get back on the
horse with.  It is in a room where work can be done without bothering our
sales staff.  I can bring anyone interested in helping in to take a look at
it.  It is the same location where the LTSP lab2 has been set up.  More to
come when I am caught up.  Suffice it to say the Pricebuster's and the staff
of Julie and Robert in our new store as well as ownership have been supremely
supportive of both the Linux POS and the LTSP project .  This is fortunate
for all of us.

I am so thrilled that you asked. While I will be away from the terminal for
the rest of the day, rest assured that more is to come with this.  Thanks.
Out the door now.

aloha

scott