[luau] SparcStation IPX

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Wed Jul 17 17:01:01 PDT 2002

If you get really creative, you can take the HDD out of it, put it in
another comp, and install the OS to it.  You'll need an OS that will let
you install for a different arch than you're on (unless you have another
sparc that is), but it's quite possible.  I've done it before (by hand
using a cross compiler) for stuff on my ipaq.  Your desktop will have to
be able to read the sun disklabel, which will probably require a kernel
compile.

The HDDs are usually standard 3.5" 50 pin SCSI II hard drives shoudl you
want to replace it.  Be aware you'll have to create a new sun disklabel.

--MonMotha