[luau] Shell Script Help

Miutaro miutaro at hawaii.rr.com
Sun Jul 14 09:50:01 PDT 2002

Hello Mike,

I wrote a script on my Solaris 2.6 box at work that looks something like
this:

#!/usr/bin/sh

TODAY=`date +%y%m%d`
echo $TODAY
echo "---"
YESTERDAY=`echo $TODAY | awk -F"/" '{print "1 day ago " $1 "/" $2 "/" $3 -
1}'`
 echo $YESTERDAY
###END

You could always use the '--' operand to decrement vice "$3 - 1"

-Doug Muhlbauer