[luau] Mouse and touchpad on laptop

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sat Jul 6 16:18:00 PDT 2002

They probably only have 7.0 drivers because I believe 7.0 used a 2.2
kernel, which didn't have the natsemi module (I read in another message
that that was the driver you needed?)

Rule of thumb for linux is never use the manufacturer's provided driver
unless:
1) Linux kernel doesn't come with one
2) Kernel supplied driver is broken
3) Kernel supplied driver has speed issues (and manufacturer's is better)

Often, the manfacturer just ships an old version of a preexisting linux
kernel driver, so using the kernel supplied one is actually better (this
is not always the case however).

Also, Linksys ships cards with linux drivers (old version of tulip), and
they put a penguin on the front of some boxes.  But they will not
support it at all.

--MonMotha