[luau] News - Want to Make a Living From Linux?

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Fri Jul 5 21:18:00 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan George" <LinuxDan at hawaii.rr.com>
To: <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 8:07 PM
Subject: Re: [luau] News - Want to Make a Living From Linux?

> Warren
>              I will get the RHCE long before I get the MCSE even though Im
> halfway there for my MCSE. Ive been doing Windows for 20 years and Ive had
> enough. ME and XP have thrown me over the edge. The problem with RHCE is
> that it they change the requirements all the time.
> I have an RHCE study guide with Copyright 2001 but is already outdated.

RHCE requirements always change, but they will not quickly expire your
certification.  This is for one important reason: You cannot simply cram and
pass the exam.  It requires considerable real world experience and knowledge
in order to pass the two performance scored parts of the exam.  That makes
this far tougher than MCSE certification, but it also shows that those who
are good enough for RHCE understand the system well enough to be able to
quickly learn changes that are released in the new distribution every 6
months.