[luau] Mouse and touchpad on laptop

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Fri Jul 5 01:01:00 PDT 2002

I'd say how, but mozilla is acting up...
GRR...I'll type it by hand:

# Onboard/PS2
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier "Mouse1"
	Driver "mouse"
	Option "Protocol" "PS/2"
	Option "Device" "/dev/psaux"
EndSection
# External/USB
Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier "Mouse2"
	Driver "mouse"
	Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
EndSection

Section ServerLayout
	Identifier "TwoMouse"
	Screen "<whatever you have>"
	InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer"
	InputDevice "Mouse2" "AnotherMouse"
	InputDevice "<your keyboard>" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

That will get X to see the two mice.  Internal as "CorePointer" and the
external as "AnotherMouse".  Getting "AnotherMouse" to do somethign is
left as an exercise to the reader (google for it I guess, I"ve never
dont this).

BTW, I guess I'll be installing evolution or something...

--MonMotha