[luau] Mouse and touchpad on laptop

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Fri Jul 5 00:17:00 PDT 2002

I had the same problem on my Dell Inspiron - with a ps2 mouse, the
touchpad and trackpoint (it has both) worked fine.  However, when I
plugged in a USB mouse, the onboard rodents went dead.  The answer
appears to be simple - the onboard rodents are seen as ps2 devices, and
as such, the same as the external mouse.  Hence, when I use the ps2
mouse drivers, they also apply to the onboard rodents.  However, when I
switch to a USB external rodent, the driver no longer sees the onboard
rodents, as they are ps2.

-Jeff