[luau] Underclocking / Aluminum cases

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 4 04:53:00 PDT 2002

A properly designed case as far as heat release is concerned would have
to have louvers for vents in the top of the case.  The fans would have
to take cooler air in from the bottom and exhaust it out the top.  But
again as for Wayne's issue, it would be best to have an open case and a
huge static heat sink on the processor.  Actually if processors were
made bigger with more surface area for the heat sink then it might be
possible to more easily eliminate the
fan.  One big disadvantages of electric fans is that they themselves
create heat.