[luau] Lilo to get root shell

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Tue Jul 2 11:08:01 PDT 2002

I know several ways to get root with physical access, but I didn't know
about using lilo like this or how to secure it.  This is useful if you have
linux workstations and want to make sure employees/users can't do things
they shouldn't.

Most of us know to set a bios/prom password so users can't boot floppy or
CD to get access.

This type of information won't protect us from a ruthless blackhat, but
will help keep authorized users inline.

Dusty