Ettiquette Question

Ray Strode halfline at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Jan 30 06:15:11 PST 2002

Todd Lee wrote:

> I was wondering after looking at my /var/log/httpd/error_log and
> seeing all of the code red II hits, if there's anything to do.  I'm
> sure most of the people don't know that it's on their machine, but I
> was wondering if there was a way to inform them or if I should take
> any action at all.  It seems since the server has been online (Friday)
> I've gotten hits at least 3 or 4 times.

There is a program that will break into people's systems and eradicate
code red if found.  It breaks in the same way as code red does and it is
a CGI, so you can set it up on your webserver and whenever code red
tries to infect you, it will get destroyed by this antigen program... I
can't think of the name off the top of my head tho. Try searching on google.

--Ray Strode