VMware Question

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sat Jan 26 13:41:36 PST 2002

Well, I wouldn't even go so far as to consider gcc 2.96 a compiler.
It's horribly broken and quite possibly VMWare complained because of
that (RedHat did know that this compiler was broken, and included kgcc
for kernel compiling as 2.95 can't compile the kernel).  You might try
CC=kgcc before you tell it to bulid the kernel modules.  Personally
though, I'd get gcc 2.95.x (or MAYBE 3.x, but 3.x still has some problems).

--MonMotha