VMware Question

jeff z-man at hawaii.rr.com
Sat Jan 26 12:28:29 PST 2002

I am having trouble compiling the kernal modules vmon, etc.on a trial
version of GSX server. I was able to get the entire thing running on an
older box running Mandrake 8.0. by just accepting the defaults.  I tried
that on my newer server box using the same Mandrake 8.0 with no luck
because it could not find the correct header files. I installed Red Hat
7.1 server with the same results. The part I am stuck at is when I run
vmware-config.pl and it says None of VMware's pre-built modules is
suitable for you running kernel, Blah ..Blah.. you need to have ac C
copiler blah.. blah.. What is the location of the directory of C header
files that match your runnig kernal. It gives the default location of
/usr/include.  That doesnt complile correctly.  What would be the
correct location?  I did the default install and did not change the
location of anything.  Hope someone has some ideas.  Thank You Jeff