Noisy fan

weiguo Sun weiguos at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:59:55 PST 2002

Hello,

I just installed linux on last sunday with your helps on my Sony desktop
machine. I noticed that the machine fan is always on when i run on linux OS,
So, I want to a site and downloaded the file to install the fan driver for
linux. I got the following error message when I issue "make".

cc -Wall -O2 -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -c fan.c -o fan.o
In file included from fan.c:25:
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:1:2: #error Modules should never use
kernel-headers system headers,
/usr/include/linux/modversions.h:2:2: #error but headers from an appropriate
kernel-source
make: *** [fan.o] Error 1

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

Thanks.