Odd Motherboard

R. Scott Belford sctinc at mac.com
Thu Jan 24 19:03:02 PST 2002

> I'd hate to start another flamefest, but are you asserting that the Tyan
> dual Athlon motherboards are not reliable?

Not at all.  Not even close.  I think it's safe to say that provided these
motherboards meet the 64-bit pci requirements, they would offer superior
performance for the price.  I mentioned twice that I thought that AMD based
products are better.  I share your fervor for what AMD does in spite of
Intel's oppressive behaviours.

The key phrase I was responding to was that his boss wants to use the
SuperMicro.  Enter the political equation and the fact that for what they are
likely to be serving (I don't actually know), sticking one's neck out against
what the boss wants may involve an investment in political capital best saved
for later.  This of course is a thread totally irrelevant to Jeff's quest for
experience and feedback with AMD and Intel mboards meeting his partially
explicated specifications.

I should make myself clear that AMD rules intel in the quest for dominance of
man's soul.  I like AMD.  I like TYAN.  They are very very good.  Where are
you implementing the dual Athlon board?  I'm sure it's a screamer.

scott