IBM Linux Commercials

Catherine Osborne cosborne at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jan 21 02:06:14 PST 2002

Warren Togami wrote:

>Two older IBM Linux commercials that were fairly good.
>
>"The Heist" MPEG 5MB
>http://www.mplug.org/archive/2002/heist60.mpeg
>
>"IBM Supports Linux 100%" QuickTime MOV 772KB
>(Yes you can play this in Linux with either Crossover + Quicktime or MPlayer
>& codecs from Windows.)
>http://www.mplug.org/archive/2002/ibm.mov
>
>Anyone find this new commercial online?  I still haven't seen this new one
>on TV.

I searched a bit but I haven't been able to find the new commercial
online, so hopefully it'll be mentioned on Slashdot as "The Heist" was
and we'll see mirrors. I haven't seen the new ones on TV, but I hadn't
even seen the "IBM Supports Linux 100%" one, either. IBM has no love for
my demographic -- but they advertise during football.

Have they announced what their target audience is with this campaign? It
seems to be very different from where they were going with the "Peace,
Love & Linux" idea.

    - Catherine