apache and server side includes

Ho'ala Greevy hoala at secretbonus.com
Thu Jan 17 10:15:40 PST 2002

this one has been bugging me for a while now.

this is my buddy's website -
http://leroy.secretbonus.com

upon investigation, you'll see that his javascript does not execute and
apache instead displays it as text.  his code is legit, my apache config
is not.

here's some background info:

- the file itself is index.shtml, it resides in /home/leroy/public_html,
and has permissions of 755

- /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l reveals that mod_include.c has been
compiled in.

- The Directory entry in httpd.conf is as follows:
#Directory configuration for Leroy's website
<Directory /home/leroy/public_html>
     Options +Includes
     AddType text/html .shtml
     AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
     DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml
     AllowOverride none
</Directory>

- Here's the VirualHost entry from the same file:
# Leroy Kane's Personal WebSite
<VirtualHost 63.193.249.148>
    DocumentRoot /home/leroy/public_html
    ServerName leroy.secretbonus.com
    CustomLog /usr/local/apache/logs/webmonitor_log webmonitor
env=!unwanted
</VirtualHost>

- Here's a snippet from his access log file, in this case it's
/usr/local/apache/logs/webmonitor_log:
[leroy.secretbonus.com] xxx.xxx.xxx.xx - "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 1581
"- " "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Linux) Opera 5.0
[en]" [17/Jan/2002:09:48:12 -0800]

tia,
-ho'ala