ARGH!!!! STUPID WIRELESS!

Todd Lee todd at LANtech-HI.com
Thu Jan 17 02:39:09 PST 2002

I've seen very similar incidents.  I've now got this saying "It must be the
NIC.".  I've had situations where moving the sound card from one PCI slot to
another and then back again causes the NIC to work.  Same with PCI to AGP
video card swaps.  And it's never that these switches cause the video or
sound to go screwy, just the NIC.  I've given up trying to find an
explanation and have just accepted that sometimes "It must be the NIC." ...
If anyone can answer this I would also like to know!  I thought I was nuts
or the MB's were going bad at the time, now that you have the same problem,
I feel much better...not that you have a problem, but I'm not alone! ;-P

Now when people can't login to the domain, let's say, and I've tested
everything including the cables. I just move the NIC from one slot to
another, and whammo! everything works...strangely enough it was working for
the past 3 months or so before this stuff happens...sometimes bad NIC's
aren't really bad, they just want attention ; )

Todd

"I think in French but speak in English, one day I'll learn French and
figure out what I'm thinking..." - Dilbert's Boss