firewall hits

Ronald Willis ronal at aloha.com
Wed Jan 16 02:14:18 PST 2002

Hello Rodney,

Go here;

http://advice.networkice.com/advice/Exploits/Ports/default.htm

for this;

631 IPP (Internet Printing Protocol)

Its a good place as any for a start to determine what port activity in
general is occurring.
Id recommend a complete eval of all open ports.

Most importantly keep in mind there are trojans, backdoors, and who knows
what that will use the same port number in order to confuse their victims.
So dont go asleep at the wheel if you are not using IPP. Your search is just
beginning, and the questions will follow.

Run