hack lesson?

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Fri Jan 11 23:49:32 PST 2002

I don't know what version of webmin you are running but there is only one known
vulnerability (that I know of anyway) in the current version (0.91).  It is a
directory traversal exploit using ../../ read about it at
http://xforce.iss.net/static/7711.php.  I definately wouldn't open webmin up to the
world, but it is safer than using telnet which millions still do!

Dusty

P.S. - You can't clean up after being hacked!  You never know what was done, so
make sure you format and reinstall!