real time linux : RTAI

lockhart at irtf.ifa.hawaii.edu lockhart at irtf.ifa.hawaii.edu
Fri Jan 11 10:56:58 PST 2002

Hmmm, that's an interesting concept, but the disclaimer in the changelog
goes something like:
***
1.) Run on a machine used in a production environment.
2.) Run on a machine used in a home enviroment, except the home
    of those willing to deal with lost data and other horrible things.
***
which would seem to make it inappropriate for a real-time application, so
I doubt if I could use it in our system.

Any other suggestions?

Also, from an earlier post about threads and smp, the information I've
found is kind of old (I think 1998), and some of the links are dead (for
finding the pset extension).  Any other info on uP affinity in Linux?

-Charles