Netscape food for thought

Ben Beeson beesond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jan 7 22:30:52 PST 2002

To all,

	I'm thinking about modifying a 'clean-up' script that I use just prior
to system backups.  The script currently descends the directory structure
and deletes all the netscape cache files that it finds.  No sense backing
up that stuff.  What I was wondering is would there be any harm in
zeroing out the following files (I use Netscape 4.X for now):

	/home/$user/.netscape/cache/index.db
	/home/$user/.netscape/history.dat

	I also would like to know if anyone is familiar enough with the
collection of files that appear in the /tmp directory to know which files
can safely be deleted.  Although I don't back them up, they are there and
some of them are pretty old...

Thanks,

Ben