Which Mandrake Kernel to upgrade to?

Dustin Cross dusty at sandust.com
Wed Feb 27 23:06:41 PST 2002

I am running teh stock Mandrake 7.1 kernel and think I need to upgrade.  I have had
teh system lock-up a few times now for no reason and I just had it happen while I
was sitting here and it seemed like a memory problem.  Since the default kernel is
2.4.8 and there are known mem problem with older 2.4 kernels I want to upgrade.  I
found several Mandrake 2.4.17 kernels (-enterprise, -secure, and -smp) and a 2.4.18-
linus kernel.  It is a single processor celeron 766, but mandrake defaults to teh
2.4.8-smp kernel that I use as a mail and web server.  Which one of these 4 upgrade
kernels should I use?  Or should I use another?

Dusty