HALAU it shall be

Wayne iw at ukulele.com
Sat Feb 23 22:02:01 PST 2002

> halau -- A long house for canoes or hula instruction. Often used to refer
> to hula troupes.

When one hears the word "halau," the first thing that comes to mind is a hula
dance troupe. Of course it can have other meanings too but most people from
Hawaii use it in the context of hula. I think someone should do some research
(ask some hula people how they'd feel) and see if this is appropriate for our
group. After all, hula halaus put in months and months of hard work and
sacrifice practicing together until they perform almost as one. Our group has
a hard time just trying to get people to show up for an event.

alooooo Wayne Maeda oooha for now,
iw at ukulele.com