Microsoft Software Acknowledges the Existence of Linux

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Thu Feb 21 01:05:24 PST 2002

Eric Hattemer pointed this out to me today, and I have just confirmed this.

Microsoft Word 2000 insists on capitalizing the word "linux" in the spelling
and grammar checker.  This is amazing.  This to my knowledge is the first
acknowledgement of the existence of Linux in Microsoft software.

Now only if their partitioning tool would acknowledge the existence of
Linux, instead of saying "Unknown Partition" or sometimes the even worse,
"Unformatted Partition."

MacOS 9.x and MacOS X partitioning tools allow you to CREATE Linux
partitions.