Bizarre Court Battle: Lindows vs Microsot

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Tue Feb 19 04:13:23 PST 2002

Well, I hope Lindows wins this one... but I still think this is mostly PR
fluff and vaporware.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-839197.html

"Lindows, a start-up developing software that would let many Windows
programs run on Linux computers, this week released legal papers designed to
head off Microsoft's efforts to thwart the product.

And the suit has given Lindows new ambitions. "There's a strong chance that
Microsoft may lose its trademark on Windows," said Vice President of
Marketing John Bromhead. He also said the company has some backup names
prepared in case it loses."