Samba Question

Todd Lee todd at LANtech-HI.com
Tue Feb 19 03:00:01 PST 2002

How were you trying to access them?  What kind of errors were you getting?
Does it tell you access denied or share not found?  Are you using smbclient
or smbmount?  Just wondering, maybe we can narrow down the problem.  I think
smbclient needs netbios over tcp enabled to work.  You might want to try
enabling it and seeing if it works, not too sure though...

todd

Hi,  I have a small peer-to-peer network setup with a samba server included
in the network.  I can browse and access all the machines and shares on them
from  my samba server except the NT machine which I can browse but can't
access any of the shares from.   Is there a setting in the smb.conf to fix
this?  I can access the NT share from other 95 and 98 machines.  Could use
all ideas.
Thanks,
Jeff Zidek