ftp download windows

yuser yuser at hi.net
Wed Feb 6 16:32:46 PST 2002

On Wed, 06 Feb 2002 12:06:47 -1000 (HST), Ronnie T Livingston
<rlivings at hawaii.edu> said:

>how do I download from an ftp site using my windows machine?
>I tried using WS_FTP but I cant figure out if the download progress is
>going ok (cant see how much time is left to download).  Can someone
>recommend a good way to do this?

WS_FTP shows the Kbytes/sec or Kbits/sec (selectable from the options
menu).  Along with this you should see a transfer % and time left and
time past.  Not sure what to suggest if you don't see these.  You
could use IE for ftp if you want.  Standard IE does not offer any type
of retransfer options though, kindof sucks when it randomly loses
connection after d/l'ing 647.34MB of a 648.03MB file.

Slightly off-topic here but have you tried http://www.cheapbytes.com/
They have excellent prices on various Linux packages and bundles.  Not
as cheap as d/l'ing an iso though..