things disappearing

Eric Hattemer hattenator at usa.net
Sun Feb 3 17:35:21 PST 2002

90% likely it just crashed.  Linux doesn't generally have a "sorry your app
has crashed", although I thought the newest KDE had something like that in
it.  Anyway, in the old days, if a program mysteriously disappeared, that
meant that it had simply crashed.  Try starting the program from a terminal
so that you can keep track of error messages.  Otherwise, check your other
desktops, as it might have disapeared to another desktop