[luau] Hyper technology

bob at atl.org bob at atl.org
Mon Dec 30 12:59:00 PST 2002

On the subject of perforance...
does PPC offer any advantages in the area of context switching
(over various x86 implementations)?
is there a good comparison of processors (benchmark) site
that lists L1 cache(s) sizes L2 cache sizes, speeds, association schemes
and other processor charatracteristics in addition to the part
number or brand name and speeds?
I ask because I'm shopping for a new laptop and
past experience (purely subjective) is that I'm much happier
with larger L1 program and instruction caches than these blazing
clock numbers. This, and the SPARC processors seem to handle a large
number of processes better than the intel for a given clock speed...
Not that I expect to find a price/performance competitive
notebook with SPARC :-)

-Bob