[luau] Ladies and Gentlemen

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Fri Dec 27 19:05:00 PST 2002

Actually you'll never find the rollover thingie in the 501 stuff.....we got
that from the coopers and lybrand tax accountants....it's the same rollover
that communities have to do (association of apartment owners, etc) so that
you can acrue money over several years for large scale improvements (road
paving etc) that can't be funded in a single year.

The HINUG group acrued bucks so that we could fund an annual
conference....it took several years to raise enough money to do the first
one.

So you folks could do the same for server purchases, buying a bunch of
refurb laptops for portable classrooms, etc....whatever you can imagine. All
in all a good thing so that you don't have to pay taxes on monies that you
don't manage to spend in a single fiscal year.

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab
1680 East West Road, POST rm 311