[luau] Hyper technology

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Fri Dec 27 13:48:00 PST 2002

On Fri, 27 Dec 2002, LinuxDan wrote:
>Just received MLB and CPU from Intel (DB45PEBT2 MLB and 2.53 P4 CPU) that
>support hyper technology allowing one CPU to act as multiprocessors allowing
>faster data rates and complex math computations.  I am eager to put it
>together as soon as I get a worthy case and maybe even a DVD RW.  I am going
>to dual boot XP and RH8 Server on this.

At work, we bought one of these systems with dual P4 processors with this
hyper technology.  My co-worker tried to get RedHat 7.3 to work on this
system and failed.  The Linux kernel had trouble detecting the processor
because of the hyper technology.  He had to disable this feature to get
the kernel to boot.

I would be interested in finding out if you were able to get linux to boot
with this feature enabled.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org