[luau] trying to remove .eml files

Alvin Murphy amurphy at hawaii.rr.com
Thu Dec 26 14:07:01 PST 2002

Hi everyone, asking for help again.  For a while, I had a virus or worm
on one of my win machines, which sent small messages all around my lan,
wherever it found an open share. I have learned my lesson, installed
virus software, firewalls, etc.. But I am left with 55 files spread
around my home directory with names like "food.eml".  I cannot remove
them whatever I try; the most recent thing I tried was the dangerous
logging on, i.e. booting as root (red screen, warning); then when I
tried to remove some of the files using Konqueror (find files, then
delete), there was a new wrinkle; now the message I get is "there is no
such file" or similar. Looking for any ideas. Thanks