[luau] dhcp-146-41

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Tue Dec 24 18:27:25 PST 2002

It appears that I never had this problem because I either was running
Windows or  always had an external firewall.

In this regard, I think Red Hat is actually doing us a big favor.  An
external firewall is a must if you use a broadband connection.  With
Windows, you probably will never receive the warning until it is too late.

However, this also illustrates the potential peril of trying to enlist
your friends in the fight against Microsoft monopoly.  I don't think
anyone would like this message when logging out from Red Hat: "Your
computer is being controlled by a server . . ."