[luau] Xandros (Mandrake 9 Sound ?)

Joe Linux joelinux at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 24 10:29:00 PST 2002

Well I would like to have some of the features claimed by Xandros -
mainly the ability to run "Win4Lin" out of the box, but unfortunately it
doesn't come in the same box.  You have to purchase each product
separately even though they are claimed to be compatible.  I know that
"win4lin" didn't run on my particular machine, and Netraverse gave me my
money back.  As for Xandros, the only version I ever saw had no
provision for running anything but their particular windowing manager.
 It seems If they are going together on this, they should both offer one
combined boxed set with both products included and guaranteed to work.
 As it is now, you would have to pay shipping on two different packages.
 Then they could both pass the buck if it really doesn't work right.
 Also, you would then have to ship two different packages back.  I have
a mostly working distribution with Mandrake 9.0 aside from the fact that
I have no sound.  Which brings up the question does anyone know how to
get sound to work in Mandrake 9.0?  My sound card always worked
previously, but now with 9.0 it isn't found or detected anymore.