[luau] Xandros (Redhat)

W. Wayne Liauh LiauhW001 at Hawaii.rr.com
Mon Dec 23 16:48:00 PST 2002

I think Linux has developed to such a stage that a lot of users will
claim that the one distro that they use is the best since sliced bread.
 On Xandros, if you need those features that I mentioned, then it is the
best distro (and the time you have to spend to, say, get Samba to work
the way as Xandros does, will definitely cost much more than the $79
newly discounted price).  Otherwise, I would much prefer Libranet 2.7
and Mandrake 9.0.  OTOH, for anyone who is interested in getting
involved in the business aspect of Linux, I don't think s/he can ignore
Red Hat.  There are, of course, a lot of problems with Red Hat.  But
that's how a Linux developer/consultant can expect to pay his/her bills.

Back on Xandros.  I know many of its developers and officers.  However,
I don't think you can put your head in the sand by doing a close-ended
beta with only a handful of beta testers, and hope that your problems
will go away.